1. BEST Bus Fare Hike
2. Platform Ticket Hike to Rs.10
3. Railways Advance Reservation Increased From 60 Days to 120 Days
4. Platform Ticket Hike to Rs.10
5. Dynamic Fare on Tatkal Quota
BEST bus fare hike
BEST fares for normal and air-conditioned buses would be hiked by Re 1 and Rs 5, respectively, from 1st Apr 2015, the second such increase in two months. Regular bus will cost minimum Rs 8, while AC Bus will cost minimum Rs 30. Bus passes for students will also cost more. The monthly concession pass for Std X students will cost Rs 200, the quarterly Rs 550 and the half yearly Rs 1,000. For the same validity periods, Std XII students will have to pay Rs 500, 1,400 and Rs 2,500.
Platform ticket hike to Rs.10
The Indian Railways has decided to increase the cost of Railway platform ticket from April 1, 2015 onwards, from Rs 5 to Rs 10.
Advance Reservation Period for booking Reserved Train Tickets Increased From 60 Days to 120 Days from 1st April 2015
The Ministry of Railways has decided to increase the Advance Reservation Period (ARP) for booking accommodation in trains from 60 days to 120 days (excluding the date of journey). Accordingly, w.e.f. 1st April 2015 the booking in trains from train originating stations will open and remain available for 120 days. For instance, as on 1.4.2015, for trains leaving on 28th July 2015, the reservation can be obtained for journey commencing on all days between 1.4.2015 upto 28.7.2015. There will, however, be no change in case of certain day time Express trains like Taj Express, Gomti Express; special trains etc, where lower time limits for advance reservations are at present in force. There will also be no change in the case of the limit of 360 days for foreign tourists.
Dynamic fare on Tatkal Quota
50% TATKAL TICKETS on DYNAMIC PRICING IN ANOTHER 20 TRAINS
Ministry of Railways have decided that 50% of the existing tatkal quota tickets shall be sold under dynamic fare scheme. After booking of the first 50% of tatkal tickets under tatkal quota, the subsequent 50% tatkal tickets will be sold on dynamic pricing. The fare shall increase by 20% after each slab of 10% berths are sold subject to the existing cap (maximum fare chargeable) on dynamic fare.
This scheme is further implemented in 20 more trains on Central Railway with immediate effect from 5.4.2015.
1. 10111 Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Mumbai -Madgaon Kokankanya Express
2. 11017 Lokmanya Tilak Terminus - Karaikal Weekly Express
3. 11027 Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Mumbai - Chennai Mail
4. 11033 Pune - Darbhanga Weekly Express
5. 11037 Pune - Gorakhpur Weekly Express
6. 11039 Shri Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Terminus-Gondia Maharashtra Express
7. 11041 Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Mumbai - Chennai Express
8. 11055 Lokmanya Tilak Terminus - Gorakhpur Godan Express (4 days in a week)
9. 11057 Lokmanya Tilak Terminus - Amritsar Express
10. 11059 Lokmanya Tilak Terminus - Chhapra Triweekly Express
11. 12103 Pune - Lucknow Weekly Express
12. 12107 Lokmanya Tilak Terminus - Lucknow Superfast Triweekly Express
13. 12143 Lokmanya Tilak Terminus - Sultanpur Superfast Weekly Express
14. 12151 Lokmanya Tilak Terminus - Howrah Bi-weekly Samarasta Express
15. 12811 Lokmanya Tilak Terminus - Hatia Bi-weekly Express
16. 12850 Pune-Bilaspur Weekly Express
17. 12879 Lokmanya Tilak Terminus - Bhubaneshwar Bi-weekly Express
18. 22511 Lokmanya Tilak Terminus - Kamakhya Karmabhoomi Weekly Express
19. 15645 Lokmanya Tilak Terminus - Guwahati Bi-weekly Express
20. 18504 Sainagar Shirdi - Vishakhapatnam Weekly Express